“Taming the Worry Monster – Play Therapy for Children with Anxiety”
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 9:30 am – 1:45 pm
This experiential workshop will provide a framework for using play therapy with anxious children and teens. Many play therapy techniques will be demonstrated.
- Discuss 2 techniques to help motivate child clients to participate in treatment.
- Demonstrate 3 play therapy techniques that can help children improve their emotional literacy.
- Practice 3 play therapy techniques that can help children with increased body awareness and ability to relax their bodies.
- Describe 3 play therapy techniques that can help children identify cognitive distortions and replace them with more positive cognitions.
- Describe at least 3 guidelines for conducting exposure therapy with children.
- State 3 ways parents can participate in the treatment and increase successful outcomes.
Presenters: Meg Clark Soriano, MA, LPC, ACS, RPT-S and Rachel Hutnick, MA, LPC, RPT
Location: Center for Counseling and Education of Medford
66 North Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055
“APT Approved Provider 15-439”
4 APT CEUs
To register: Call 609-714-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org